Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weiss Lake Fishing Report
DATE: 10-18-01<br>LAKE LEVEL: 560.4<br>NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0<br>SURFACE TEMP: 61.4 in am - 64.1 in pm<br>WATER CLARITY: FAIR<br> <br>CRAPPIE: I fished the Finley & McVeigh on the 15th & 16th. On the 15th we had 97. On the 16th after a strong cold front came through we had 65.Fish Mike & Gerald on the 17th. Woke up to a big high pressure system with strong NE winds. Surface temp. had dropped 9*F. Fished the best I could for 21 keepers.With the high barometers and blue bird skies fishing is TOUGH.<br> <br>BASS: Bass fishing has quit along with everything else.If the weatherman is correct things should start back in by about Friday.Spinner baits & Buzz baits around the docks.Shallow crank baits around the grass.Pitching Pig/N/Jig under the docks.Slow down and due the best you can.<br> <br>STRIPE: No activity seem since the cold front.<br> <br>CATFISH: All you want. Come and get em! Seems to be the only thing biting.The boys staying here had a 50+ pounder break off at the dock using rib cages from the crappie they were cleaning.<br> <br>I do not mean to be a dark cloud in the sky but this cold front has done it's usual "whammy" on fishing but I think that after things stabilize as they usually do after a day or two things should return to normal and we still should have some season left before the fish go south for the winter.As usual I always have a major breakdown at some point each week. Word to the wise...just because you buy new tires does not mean you will not have a flat as I did today. I replaced my tires three weeks ago and not only did I have a flat but one of my depth finders also decided to go south. I have carried around a 4-way lug wrench,just for this reason, for 10 years and guess what?? It will not fit a Ranger trailer tire. So if you are a Ranger trailer owner you need to carry a 13/16th socket and ratchet or you are going to be flapping. As usual Murphy's Law got me today. And how was your week? Sincerely, Steve,Butch,Harry & Cheryl 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com Good Fishing to everyone!!<br>As always if I can be of any help to anyone just give me a "holler"!<br><br>