Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Pike on the Fly
My fishing partner caught a nice Northern last spring. I have the bug to get one on a fly. What size and patterns work for pike at Yuba?

I need some suggestions, thanks.
[signature]
I've never fished Yuba, but I would imagine something like this would work. I'm going to give it a try on the tiger musky at Newton this spring. I'll let you know if they eat it.[inline "perch fly small.JPG"]
[signature]
With the size of the chompers those guys have, I cant imagine that anything is too big. I watched a video posted here last fall of a muskie eating a 14" bass that someone had almost boated.

I would go as big as your fly rod can handle, if it were me.
[signature]
Thank you for the pic of your pattern. Looks like a great perch pattern. I will try and replicate the fly in a 1/0.
[signature]
Cool, I hope it does well for you. It's pretty much just Icelandic Sheep's Wool in various colors with some cactus chenile for the body. I used a Prisma Color Marker to add the barring pattern. You can buy the wool here:

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/item...-Wool.html

They have a lot of great stuff and fast shipping. They even have a frequent tier program where you get points for everything you buy. Every 1,000 points equals a dollar off your order.
[signature]