Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Favorite Fish
Well, for my 400th post I thought this picture would be appropriate. Calico (kelp) bass are my absolute favorite little fishy in the world. I cut my angling teeth on these babies and pound for pound they are hard to match for an angling battle. So, not only am I no longer a slimer, my symbol becomes my favorite fish. Life is good.

A Happy Kayote

[Image: l46484.jpg]
[signature]
Nice looking Bass Kayote. Where was that pic taken?
[signature]
Dana Point, California. Beautiful fish, eh?. Makes me homesick.............

Good Ocean Yak Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
man i miss fishing calico bass so bad nothing like thorwing out a live mackeral ( bigger then the avearge trout around here ) and pulling in a 8 or 9 pound hog or tossing out a big ol brown bait or squid or iron or well you get the picture

chris
[signature]
I hear you. I believe an 8 to 10 pound calico is one of the greatest fish you can catch. I'm waiting to hear on a SD job. If I get it, you and Tincan will have to come down and visit. We could make our own bait with Sabikis and troll live greenbacks from the yaks in La Jolla. Correction: when I get the job, not if. Positive thinking. LMAO

Fingers Crossed. Kayote

PS I'll bet you can name the lure in that Calicos mouth Aquaman.
[signature]
cant see that jig very well i want to say tady but i think it looks more like a salis 4x honestly i have'nt caught a calico in about 18 years but i still have a handful of iron packed away some where around here good luck on getting that job in SD we got to get together some time before you move ( positive thinking ) and do a little fishing and BS about all the SO. CAL. fishing we done

chris
[signature]
Aquaman,

If you look close, it's a plastic not iron. I know you've used Fish Traps. We should go fishing, and soon. I'm in for 11 different jobs so far all over. Six in Cal, Oregon, Montana, Nevada, Alaska and North Carolina believe it or not. The NC job is on the coast and I hear they have great largemouth fishing. Maybe we can be the first to nail Macks from the yaks at the Gorge this fall. Tincan is coming out this weekend to buzz the bass. Should be fun. I would also like to yak for stripers on the boil at Powell this fall. Dang, too many places to fish and not enough time in one lifetime. Let me know. Later

Good Yak Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
that stripper fishing sounds like a blast they have been boiling at powell for the last month every time i read some thing about it i start getting all shaky

chris
[signature]