Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee
We will be in the Vale\Ontario area this summer, and we would like to fish and camp at Brownlee. Does anyone know if there are any camping spots off of the beaten track. --- either Idaho or Oregon side is ok. It would be nice if it was on the water., but if not, anywhere in the BLM or Nat. forest is ok. I am also looking for some places to launch tubes or pontoon boats into the res. that are away from the camping areas also.

Problem is that I have a reactive airway and can't be around smoke at all. -- Have to avoid the camping areas and boat ramps that are located at them.

Any ideas would be appreciated, as it is a big area to just go blind and explore.
[signature]
PM EZOP he goes to Brownlee several times each year. There are a few others who should be able to help you as well.

Windriver
[signature]
There is a nice grassy flat on the Idaho side about 15 miles from Weiser. I have caught quite a few crappie along the rocks that are just down reservoir from the flat. You can pull your car right down next to the water.

The crappie fishing should be fantastic this year but the size of the fish is going to be a little small.
Good luck.
[signature]
So to pull a car down there you would have to cross the RR tracks? ROn
[signature]
Downriver from Steck you do not have to cross tracks. The RR Bridge crosses over at Steck Park.
[signature]
Thanks for all of the replies!

I saw that the road continues past Steck. What kind of shape is it, and do they block it off?
[signature]
It is an unimproved road but I have seen sedans down there. So I assume it is not to bad.
[signature]