Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is tibble fork
Anyone been to tibble fork recently any information would be appreciated [fishon]
[signature]
I would also like to hear this. I have fished Tibble Fork a bunch of times and never do any good. one fish here, one fish there. How do people fish that lake with consistency? I do way better on the river.
[signature]
Wouldn't bother with it until they start stocking the rainbows in another week or two. It doesn't really support or winter over a significant number of fish. If you aren't catching many of those planters you are showing up too many days after they last stocked it. Most of the fish get caught quickly or move upstream.
[signature]
[quote Mr._Rogers]How do people fish that lake with consistency?[/quote]

I used to fish it a lot and it is true that you won't have much success with the stocked rainbows until after it gets stocked, which is usually in the second half of May.

To fish for the rainbows, I usually have a salmon hook (size 8 or 10) and a single salmon egg with a bobber above that. You will have to experiment on what brand of salmon eggs and bobber works for you. My preferred bobber is the the Thillâ„¢ Stealth Float. Use it with a bobber stop in a slip bob setup and you are good to go.

And if you want to go after the browns, use wax worms under a similiar bobber setup.

The key is to detect the lite bites. If you can do that, you'll have plenty of other anglers moving towards you.[Wink]
[signature]