Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ 4/19
Ran down to CJ Monday afternoon looking for some crappie. Got a late start but it was worth it. Fished from about 3 - 5pm in the middle of the narrows, north side. Came home with 28 fish that where 10 - 12.5 inches and fat. Fried up real nice they did [Smile] Color didn't seem to matter but we had to tip the jigs with worm. Casting toward the bank and letting it fall into 12-17'. We had a raccoon hanging on the bank that was fun to watch. I'm thinking people must throw fish to it or something because he was real friendly.
[signature]
Good looking crappie!! Looked like a great time.
[signature]
That retriever doesn't have a drop of coonhound in him, does he?
[signature]
I use that size for bait.[blush]. how was stanley..[shocked]
[signature]
[Smile]Thanks for the report AA! I can't wait to get up there in the next month. Hopefully my niece will have a nice Smile on her face like your boy's.
[signature]
Wow - those are some pigs. Nice work. Your boy is going to love looking at these photos when he gets older. Is he out-fishing you yet?
[signature]
They are starting to come in shallow too. I was at Cottonwood today later in the evening and caught about a dozen between 11" and 12". Biggest one was just a little over 13". All females. Must be moving in to warm up so their eggs will develop quicker.

With cooler weather and a lot of rain in the forecast, it will probably be a few weeks before they move in shallow en mass, though.
[signature]
great pics some of those are huge [cool]
[signature]
StacyR - glad you found some also. I've spoken with people from 3 different boats that didn't do so well (0) on Monday. I think your right and the weather will put them down again.

BF3 - you just wish you could catch bait that big [:p]

Untangler - yes he out fishes me quite offten anymore. And I love it!

Mudsucker - Nope and I'm glad, been there done that one. She's all over it if it has feathers though.
[signature]
Looks like the raccoon is throwing chartruese jigs for them with a small spinning rig...
Nice fish!
[signature]
LMAO
[signature]