Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Tuesday
Been having some serious DC withdrawls. Had to give it a shot,even though the Walleye bite is still going at Utah Lake. Forecast was for big wind and Utah Lake is unfun anyway in big wind.
Pez was going to go, but other things came up. Called my friend Ryan and we were heading up Provo canyon by about sevenish.We launched on flat 47 degree water about 7:30 and headed across the lake to a nice rocky, slow tapering point that just screams Walleye spawning grounds. Put on a shiny new jig and tail and second cast, WHAM!, fish on!! Got it up to the boat and,,,slimer [:/].
We continued on down the shoreline without another bite.
Then we fished the steep rocks below the R.R. tracks. Nothing. We fished deep, we fished shallow, we pulled spinner rigs, jigs, cranks and Lindys. We fished below the Charleston Bridge, the flats on the North end, the bushes in Rainbow bay(hunting for spawning Perch) and Wallsburg bay, We tried 2 oz. snap weights and spinners fished fifty feet deep, down the middle of Wallsburg bay and all the way up into the bushes where the creek comes in. More nothing.
Finally went back and fished the steep rocky area below the hiway. Ryan put a hook and worm on one rod. Thats all, no spinners or jigs or weight or anything. Bam!! Slimer. I put on a hook and worm. Gotta stretch my string somehow.
We ended up with five slimers and could have easily caught more. They like the worm and nothing thing.
Getting late and I wanted to drive down the canyon while the sun was shining right in my eyes, so we went back to the marina, to a truck with a dead battery. We wont even get into that story.[mad]
Another great day of fishing, but not a lot of catching.
Oh the water was 52 up on the north end and 47.3 on the main lake last time I looked.
[signature]
Thanks for the update/report.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the dead better. I've had that happen as well and had to run down the road almost a mile to where a car was park so they could come jump us.
[signature]

thanks for that report Bob. ever sence jordanelle the deer creek walleye spawn has changed. I'll be up there this coming sunday with the grand daughter and wife.
later chuck
[signature]
Batteries never seem to die at a good time. If I had a decent set of jumpers, it would have been a non issue. My truck has a spare battery to run my winch. But it was easier to go get one of the batteries out of the boat. We just messed around for a long time trying to jump off the spare with a 10 gauge wire. I knew better. Going to the welding store today to buy some welding lead for a new set of high amp cables. And I'm going to rig up a switch to power battery 1 off battery 2. My other truck was set up that way. I keep battery 2 isolated so I can run the winch until the battery is dead without hurting the starter battery.
It wont happen again!!
[signature]
Hey Chuck, one thing I forgot to mention. While we were anchored at the Charleston bridge. A little 3" fish came swimming right at us. It was frightening. I thought he was going to swamp the boat, so Ryan scooped him up in the bail bucket. He was a Perch, and he spewed all over Ryans hand when he was checking the little feller out. That little guy spewed like the male Walleye a couple weeks ago at the lake. Thats why we went on a search for spawning Perch.
Just between you and me man. Dont tell anybody. [Wink]
[signature]
THANX BOB FOR THE REPORT. BUMMER DEAL ON YOUR BATT. PERTCH JIZIN ALREADY?? HMMM WAY WEIRD??? THEY SHOULDNT START FOR ANOTHER MONTH??? WHAT WAS THE WATER TEMP? [Smile]
[signature]