Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condie Question?
Last year I only got down to fish Condie one time. On that particular day the weather was terrible and a bit cold. I could not find any bluegill. In the past bluegill are pretty easy to find in Condie and I like to set my kids up with fly rods to catch them.

My question is are the bluegilll still in there and did they have a normal spawn last spring?

Windriver
[signature]
I fished it three times last year for bass and don't really recall seeing much in the way of bluegill. I did find some nice gills at Lamont, Twin and Glendale. The bass fishing wasn't too good at Condie last year either. I did pretty well in May, but I tried it in June and August and only caught one fish each time.
[signature]
Thanks for the information. I caught a bunch of nice gills at Twin last year. I usually catch a lot of smaller ones at Johnson as well. I will have to post a pic of a bluegill I caught at Condie 15 years ago it came within 2oz of the state record.

Windriver
[signature]
Dang, I'd like to see that. Lamont has had pretty decent size bluegills too. I was catching them on small cranks last year along with the bass.
[signature]
I would say Johnson is your best bet for the kids. Tons of BG that are not real big, but very easy to catch.
[signature]