Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayote's Wall Of Shame
Some of my recent, less than memorable photos. Just thought you may enjoy some pics. I always do (Do'h). LMAO

No Competition Here, Kayote

Green Sunny

[Image: l46483.jpg]

Baby Tiger

[Image: l46556.jpg]

Chubinski

[Image: l40383.jpg]

The Sculpinator

[Image: l46351.jpg]

King Kok

[Image: l42344.jpg]
[signature]
I wouldnt go as far as wall of shame!!! But the baby tiger was pretty funny!!! where was that caught at??? It goes along with the phrase a bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work, catching little fish is better than catching no fish!!! BTW how did you even realize you had that little sculpin on???
[signature]
I knew I had the sculpin on when my drag started to smoke LMAO. The tiger is from Bullock.

Good Fishy Things, Kayote
[signature]
Great post. I have a place I fish where I can't keep those stupid sunfish off my line. And that chub is one of the ugliest fish I've ever seen. Where did you catch it?
[signature]
Where did you get that chub mounted at?
[signature]
That's one of those 30 year old Starvation chubs.

Junk, it's not mounted. It was released.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
The green sunny is a great fish they fight like asmallmouth. When they are spawning colors they are beautiful. It brings back memories of fishing for them in Georgia as a kid. We called them warmouths. Where did you catch yours?
[signature]
Great photos of the fish you catch. Where did you get the Green Sunny? Are those here in UT?? I would like to find a good place to catch bluegill, crappie and such.
[signature]
If you are ever in Southern Utah, let me know. I know a place where some bucket biologist was kind enough to stock green sunfish for all of us to enjoy!!!!!
[signature]
I caught the green sunfish from Steinaker, there are some fairly big ones in there. FYI I know green sunfish look somewhat like warmouth but they are actually separate species. Green sunfish are Lepomis cyanellus and warmouth are Lepomis gulosus. You can also catch green sunnies in Red Fleet and some huge ones in Pelican.

Good Pan Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
I caught the state catch and release record Green Sunny at Pelican three years ago. I didn't know it then, but it was big enough for the state record.

Since then, I've caught two more that were almost the same size, but was in no position to seek out an official weight (car was out of gas and we were waiting for help to come from Heber.) or didn't have a tape to confirm (I measured it against my rod and then checked it when I got home.) All of the green sunnies that I have caught up there have been mixed in with bluegill. I rarely get them. Is there a trick to targeting just them?

-Jack
[signature]
That is a 30 year chub? I would of thought that it would of been huge. That baby tiger is cool looking. A couple of days a go I put in a post about bullock to see if any one has been there lately. When was the last time you have been out there Kayote.
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
A couple of weeksa ago. You can actually nail the little guys with some consistency with a Rapala, but they are all cookie cutters.

Good Tiger Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
I also caught a state record sunny a few years ago at Pelican and didn't submit it. I was exactly 1.0 lb on a certified scale. I have it mounted, no kidding.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]