Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin Lakes
I fished Twin Lakes for about 2 hrs today. It was abt 2pm to 4, and a storm blew in while I was there. Not very great timing. I was completely skunked. [:/] I never even saw a fish on the fish finder. The water was about 55 degrees.

I was in the north end of the south lake. I tried along the shoreline and around the point of the island. I also cruised over some deep water and fished up into the willows.

Has anyone any ideas of where the fish are?

I will be taking a couple of friends, who are here visiting, fishing on Monday. They really like bass and panfish, but if they aren't going to bite then trout will do. I was thinking of going to either Twin, or something in the Preston area. Does anyone have any experience catching anything this early? If so where? and with what?

Thanks!!!!
[signature]
The Bluegill will be right in the willows and not very aggressive at Twin , when the water hits 60 to 65 they will turn on . I would take your friends to Deep Creek for Trout . Curt G.
[signature]
Curt, I have never fished Deep Creek. Could you PM me some details on what area to try? Thanks!
[signature]
I have only ice fished it . There are alot of 14 to 16" fish and a few 20" . There is a thread on deep creek and you can do a search also . Hope this helps . Curt G.
[signature]
Having fished Twin a number of years after ice comes off, it generally does take a bit of time before much of anything shows up. Not sure why cuz they are there, but even when the water temp is favorable or same on other lakes Twin seems to lag behind. Some times though Ive seen people fish bass in the willows in the north lake and do well while nothing on the pan fish family will bite even though you can see them. I would be willing to beat it will be about another 2 weeks before much of anything really starts to hit much unless we get another great warm spell like we had last week before the storms moved in.
[signature]
Sounds like you need another 9 degrees or so.

Windriver
[signature]
I need to buy a thermometer. I checked out McTucker ponds this weekend looking for any warm water fish to see if they were up and moving. I never seen a fish all day. I have know idea what the temps in the ponds are, but they have to be getting close. The BG in my pond started moving around right on cue at 60 degrees, and became quite active around 65. I want to head to Preston for some warm water action, but temps are just not quite there yet. It seems Twin Lakes was also very slow this winter. I am hoping it is not the same way this summer.
[signature]
That makes two of us. I usually start hitting Twin the week before Memorial Day. I know good bass fishmen catch them before that, but that is generally when I start catching the largemouth. The smallmouth seem to be aggresive in much colder water than that.

Windriver
[signature]
This next week isn't going to help much either. Stupid snow.
[signature]
Are you talking smallmouth in Twin? Not sure on your post, there are none in there if thats where your talking about that I know of?

I think im gonna try Glenndale end of next week then following week we're off to CJ Strike to give it a shot, hope the weather straightens up by then.
[signature]