Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIANT Slab Crappie today!
My friend and I have been fishing this pond for years and never crappie fished it. Today we changed over to small spinning jigs and wam! I only caught this one but now we know they are there...
[inline Crappie.JPG]
[signature]
Nice fish hope you can find them again.
[signature]
Good gravy! Well at least small animals are safe to use the pond again,,, Maybe.
That thing is huge! Ron
[signature]
state record is 4lb 7oz .. pretty sure after this catch that this pond hold a record.

we caught a 2.9 again today now that we know they are there. No pic I didn't have the camera with me and we release them most the time.

we caught a few bass and gutted them and they had crawdads ... all of them. Red lures work best at this pond and now we know why.

we are going to buy some half inch craw red crappie jigs wednesday when they winds change back from SW.

I might be posting a state record this season. they are in there and no one knew.

We aren't telling anyone here about it local. Or the pond would be overrun.
[signature]
[quote bytebull]

state record is 4lb 7oz .. pretty sure after this catch that this pond hold a record.

I might be posting a state record this season. they are in there and no one knew.
[/quote]

Wow 4 pounds 7 oz is WAY over our record. Go get um keep it quiet, and release big ones, and find that new record. If you don't post pictures we have nothing to shoot for. Good luck. Ron
[signature]
Wow! Congrats man that thing is a real beast!
[signature]