Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weber 4-29
I was so excited about the new rigging techniques that everyone shared with me that I couldn't wait to try them out So i braved the blizzard on the weber today see what I could do.

I started with a sow bug and a hares ear No luck tried gray zebra then black zebra olive and brown i even tried a san juan worm still no takers

I was up there for about 10 hours today and most of the time i resembled frosty the snow man So i hope it was the weather that was making the fish reluctant to bite if not I'm definitely still doing something wrong
[signature]
Brave man! That storm was brutal..

Fishing in that type of condition is tough, for me. The fish are still feeding, but they seem to be trying to conserve energy. They are a bit more picky about what they will move around for during that type of storm, so presenting the right size/type of pattern in the right drift is really important.

My adaptation to fishing during snow storms is to slow my drift down as much as possible, giving the fish a longer look at what i'm presenting to them. I don't rig weights above any of my flys, however, so it is easier for me to add weight and keep my flys out of the rocks/moss.
[signature]
I sent you a PM.

I wouldn't mind showing you how rig on the Weber if you're interested.
[signature]
How was the water level and clarity? I'm planning on heading up there sometime this weekend.
[signature]
the water was nice and clear between rockport and echo res. i'm not familiar enough with the river to tell you if the water is high or low but it has good flow and its the same as it has been for the last couple of weeks
[signature]