Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most bizarre thing caught at Pineview......
I was at pineview last week with shark hunter doing some tiger muskie fishing at the old highway. I was using a 5" jointed rapala (perch pattern). On my very first cast, I caught something. It was fighting amazingly hard, and then it jumped and I saw what it was. Not a tiger muskie, or even a bass--BUT A BULLHEAD. This was the biggest bullhead I have ever seen! I measured it and it was 14"! I didn't think that it would be hungry for perch, but I guess I was mistaken!
[signature]
Did you happen to get a picture of it next to a measuring tape? You caught the new catch and release record Bullhead. Last year I did the same thing at Pineview, but I wasn't smart enough to realize that I had caught a record fish.
[signature]
You know, I didn't get a pic. I was going to, just because it was so weird, but I didn't have a camera. I also kept it, so I couldn't call it "catch and release".
[signature]
That doesn't surprise me . Them carp are eating J-13 rapalas too . I was with a buddy from work and he nailed 2 big carp on those big jointed rapalas . I'm still trying to convince him that muskie are in there . I seen lots of bullhead caught on bait in that area .Good luck on them muskies .
[signature]