Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey hunting near Duchesne???
I haven't had much time to 'scout' for turkeys and knowing nothing about turkeys hasn't helped. I went out last weekend in Manti-La sal mountains, had a good time. Saw deer, lots of other birds and even heard some coyotes but no turkeys. It didn't help that it was snowing most of the time which made camping miserable and muddy.
I have a trailer in Duchesne and if I could stay there there would be at least some decent sleeping conditions. However, I don't know where to look for turkeys. I'm pretty sure that there are no turkeys where my trailer is but I'm not too far from several different mountain ranges. I was wondering if there was 'turkey huntin' land' near Duchesne. After having my tent nearly collapse from the snow I wouldn't mind driving an hour so. ANY help would be great, even a club or private land or whatever. My daughter is counting on me and even though I'm sure we will have fun I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.
[signature]
I lost my hunting over in that area this year due to a severe medical condition in the landowner's family that he is dealing with, so he leased his ground to another person to run their cattle on. Guess the wife and I will have to wait until next year.
[signature]
[center][font "Times New Roman"][size 4]I know these two personally, they lease out hunting rights all over in the river bottoms and Uinta Basin. Awesome people. They will get you on a turkey.[/size][/font][/center]
[center][font "Times New Roman"][size 4]Mike and Terri McMurray[/size][/font][/center]
[center][font "Times New Roman"][size 4]Home: 435-646-3232
Cell: 435-724-5656[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 4]Email us at [/size][/font][font "Formal436 BT"][url "javascript:OpenNewWindow('/webmail/HooDoo/lang/en/Forms/MAI/compose.aspx?MsgTo=cobblerockent%40yahoo.com&MsgSubject=&MsgCc=&MsgBcc=&MsgBody=',570,450)"]cobblerockent@yahoo.com[/url][/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 4]
or [url "javascript:location.href='mailto:'+String.fromCharCode(109,116,99,97,115,97,64,117,98,116,97,110,101,116,46,99,111,109)+'?subject=mtcasa%40ubtanet.com'"]mtcasa@ubtanet.com[/url][/size][/font][/center]
[signature]
rock creek has some birds. a good starting point is the bridge about halfway up the canyon. work the cottonwoods along the river erly and late the pines to the west durring day. [Wink]
[signature]