Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Catfishing
Anyone have any suggestions for Willard cats? Low water and warm temps should equal good catfishing but most of my historic holes along the shore are high and dry. Thanks for the help, Ryno
[signature]
When I was there after wipers from my float tube a week ago, I was driting a worm below a bobber on my second pole. I couldn't keep the 12 inch cats off the line. Nothing of any size though.

-Jack
[signature]
One good spot to fish for cats at willard is just north of the south marina by the big power lines. Take the road to the south marina and go past the marina. Going north past the feedlot until you come to the dike. Its about a 200 yard walk to the beach. Fishing with a worm in the evening my partner gets both cats and wiper off the bottom. Good Luck To Ya
[signature]
To get the larger cats outa there, I used a combo of Blood flavored stink bait and a peice of carp. I usually get a few good Channels outa there using that combo. It kinda helps to have a second pole, so you can catch other fish off of it. Ordinarily, wipers and walleye don't eat stink bait!
[signature]