Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Holder Mods
Well as industrious as I am. Instead of waiting to buy my tube then build the rod rack, I just made the rack. This weekend at a tackle shop I am going to buy a Outcast Fishcat. Here are some pics of the rack. I hope it will work on the tube.
[signature]
Nice job. Let us know how they work for ya.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like it will work fine. The key will be to get it properly fastened and adjusted...to the two D rings under the side pocket. You will want it to lean slightly outward before you sit down in the tube because when you put your weight on the seat it will pull the two sides inward a bit. You want the rods pointing straight up while fishing...not tilted inward...over your head. That creates problems when you are setting hooks, fighting fish or casting.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You sure used a lot more PVC than necessary, but I am sure you will decide to make some changes after you fish with it a while. Good start...especially without a tube.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have already made some changes to the rack. Now it is lighter and better.
[signature]
Now you are into the swing of things. you now see that ideas are constantly changing and morphing into better ideas.[cool] Keep up the good work. Oh and pics please!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I predict that you will make other changes. But don't over think it. Go fishing a couple of times and pay attention to how everything works. If you have a problem, solve it. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]