Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Largie of 2010
So the other day, I caught my first largie of the year. Fishin in my girlfriend's pond with the same little crankbait I used last year in her pond. I wasn't expecting to catch anything real big. Little half pound crappie or even largies. Then this fella hit my lure and just took off with my line, even though the ring was closed. My drag wasn't set with any tension because I wasn't expecting to get anything big. I had to stop fighting him for a second to tighten the drag. It's the biggest largie I or any of my girlfriend's family have pulled out of the pond.
[signature]
Nice work dude!
[signature]
Since then they haven't been biting in my girl's pond. I've thrown all different kinds of lures, they just aren't liking it. Not like I'm gonna stop trying though.

I'm looking forward to getting some action on the lake. If I go in the morning, what's the ideal time to go? I'm gonna be getting up at 8, so is that too late? or am I gonna be ok? With my new job I work nights Sunday-Thursday, and usually it's after 10 when I get off, and I'm too tired anyway. So Friday and Saturday are the only times I can go at night unless we don't have a truck.
[signature]
I am not familiar with patterns in the south, but up here in PA they are spawning, and they are very difficult to catch, and sightfishing really is your only bet if this is the case.

Good Luck

-Tony
[signature]
8AM is to late. I am launching my boat right at daybreak. Get out there early and you will do better. Smile
[signature]
Crap. Looks like I'm not going to get to do as much fishing as I'd like...

Or I'm going to be tested as a true angler. haha

My little boat launch/fishing area is REALLY sketchy in the dark. So daylight is preferable. I won't be there before the sun rises and I usually don't stay too long after darkness falls. When I say sketchy I mean in it's history people have been murdered there. There are also drug deals going down there currently, who knows when. I don't want to be there when they do. I'm almost misanthropic when it comes to this place. Trust is not let out of its cage, my head is on a swivel constantly.

I need a boat. haha
[signature]
Aww you will be ok just pack some heat lol! [laugh] 44 Mag should do the trick.
[signature]
Simp, You're only about 4 hours from me in Marked Tree, AR. I should come down there one Saturday give that pond a work over and I bet ya I can find out what those bass bite!

Hehe you wouldn't mind having a fishing buddy come along and give the pond a try I would make that short trip some time this spring or early summer!
[signature]
I have to say I'd be scared to be fishing there at anytime from what you have said, maybe these bass are seeing something others arens [shocked]
[signature]