Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CARP
It's almost time to go chase a few golden bonefish. I've heard that certain places along the snake below Idaho Falls and American Falls Reservoir have some carp in them. Has anyone caught a carp or seen them in the shallows lately? Also, I've never Fishing to Mud Lake or Market Lake but they both seem like they might have carp. I know that golf course ponds sometimes have them but those can be hard to access. Any info would be great.[fishon]
[signature]
There are quite a few below American falls and there are some big ones. maybe a little far for you to drive but walcott has a good population and a lot of little bays and inlets that hold fish . the spawn isn't quite going yet and around the first of June seems to be the start. that's when we start bowfishing and always fint them in big pods and in the shallows. If your interested i can post a link to a bowfishing video that shows the quanity of fish in the burley heyburn area [fishin]
[signature]
We've been waiting to get into Blackfoot Res. Had a buddy go last weekend. The road was still alittle wet but they got in O.K. The water was still very cold and the Bonefish had yet to move into the shallows. We we're hoping to try this weekend but they weather has yet to be kind. need a couple of warm days in a row to drive them in.
[signature]
I am not a carp expert, but I too am excited to try to catch them this year. My new eight weight should be here any day.

I would say the best places to try are American Falls Res, Blackfoot Res, and the slower water below Massacre Rocks. There were a ton of them from cold water creek down last year.

Windriver
[signature]
There are quite some big ones in the snake just below AMF dam and in the fishing port in Massacre Rock Park. While I normally saw them move to the shallow water in late summer to fall.
[signature]
How are you planning on chasing them? Bait, Fly, or Bow?
[signature]
Blackfoot reservoir I am told does well with carp and a little place called dog creek res. has quite a few and then millner dam as well.
[signature]
Alexander Res. by Soda Springs is another one.
[signature]
I've caught several in Gem lake the last few years and also seen them just below the Gem State dam as well. Haven't checked those areas yet this year though.
[signature]
Might be chasing carp tomorrow, but my friend can't meet me until 1. If someone is interested in spending the day chasing some ugly fish with a fly rod, PM me.
[signature]
Is there any carp in PaliSades?
[signature]
There are a lot of Chubs , But I have never heard of anyone catching a Carp . Curt G.
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]