Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Ice-Off
I know some people don't want me saying this but its Ice-Off time! Hit the Berry today from 3-7pm. Bays have plenty of areas to fish. Walked the shoreline and landed 6 cutts all 19-21 inches on woolly buggers and 1 8" rainbow on a prince nymph. Fished with an intermediate line but floating line would be fine too.
Its was hit or miss for awhile. Caught 4 fish the first 3 hours then the last 3 from 6:20 - 6:40. I think I just happened to be in the right spot when a school of cutts moved in.
I would just keep moving til I found fish.

p.s. will someone pm me on how to reduce photo size before posting? Thanks.
[signature]
engage madness!!!! time to float tube the berry..... once its free though im in the boat [Wink]
[signature]
RIGHT ON!!!! Love them Trout!!!!
[signature]
If I decide to not go to daniels this thursday-sunday I WILL be going to the berry for the weekend! This coming weekend has always been an awesome fishing weekend for me on the lakes! Cant wait!
[signature]
Could see us there for sure.
[signature]
Flew home Friday night right over Strawberry. You could see that the edges are open but from 14,000 no idea how much distance is involved.. The narrows also have one open section of water. The Rest of the lake just appears to be bad, thin, ice. But the vast majority of the lake is still covered. Of course the cursed W could change that quickly.
[signature]
I plan on checking it out this weekend coming up.
[signature]
If you see me out there, be sure to say hello! Though, im not sure where at the berry i'll be fishing yet.
[signature]
Are the roads open to renegade point ?? ive never fished ice off.. planing on going this sunday.. Any advise where to go ??
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT !