Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Tube trip
Headed to Idaho Friday morning and straight to a little body of water to meet up with Match and Mrs. Marisol for a long awaited get together.

Got there and they had been already out and doing well.

Seemed like forever,

[Image: IMG_2620-1.jpg]

but we finally got on the water. I immediate started with the Leech and Nymph combo. One bump and that was it.
Match, Marisol and my hubby headed to one bay while I headed to my honey hole in the past and started throwing Chironomids with my dry line and the indicator.
BAM! Fish on, then another and so on. They were even coming out of the water.
Very nice HEALTHY trout and it was a blast!

[Image: PB230011400.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2625.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2637.jpg]

Thanks M and Mrs M for a FANTASTIC day...got to do it again REAL soon.
[signature]
Nice looking fish. So how are the tubes? I have tossed the idea around about getting one to pack around on the 4 wheeler for high mountain lakes. What kind of indicator is in the second picture? I have not seen that one before. What depth was the best? I fished it a bit today and landed a 20", but released it since I was having Steel Head for dinner tonight. Looks the the weather was great for you. I got my days backwards and did yard work while you fished and then fished with the not so nice weather today.
[signature]
The indicator is called a PLUM BOBBER. A friend sent it to me to try. It is basically the same as the slip indicators, but uses surgical tubing instead of the plastic pin.

LOVE the tubes. They move so easy. Still have to tweek the bags a bit as the oars clip them, but much better once I just loosened them and slid them back. Plus, I have the seat mounted to far forward.
You row with your legs bent, and it is a piece of cake. I rowed all the way across with the wind at my back.
Even with just the fins, they fly.
Sorry about the mix up. Had the Graduation today so Friday was play day.
[signature]
Nice pics. Too many different places to fish and not enough time. I am going to learn your slip indicator technique. I think I will start with some lakes in Yellowstone to build up my confidence.

Windriver
[signature]
Hey Joni,

Thanks for great day of fishing....its the first time I fish all day(got a sun burnt face).....Sol had a blast, it was actually the best weather we've fished since we got the toons...

Thanks for the valuable tips and advice.....Alan was great to talk to as well,
We must do it again,

match and sol
[signature]
So do you like the Plumbobbers better than other slip indicators? What is the advantage of one or the other? Both you have to thread on before you tie on the fly, right? Does the tubing grip better? Is it about the same as a corkie and a toothpick?

I have used pinch on foam indicators, but not the slip indicators yet. --- But I am thinking about it.

Thanks
[signature]
No advantage to one over the other, but I have had the post on the Plum Bobber break on me.
I use the tiny tooth pick ones on the river till I discovered Thingamabobbers and Uni Bobbers.
The slip indicators are for those time you have longer leader than rod in the water.
PM sent
[signature]
Great pics and report FlyGoddess! Enjoyed the read very much.

[Image: thumbsup.gif]

MM
[signature]
Joni,

Nice pictures!! It looks like it was an Irish Spring day.
[signature]
That it was!
[signature]
sounds like a great first trip and good looking fish also [cool]
[signature]
Thanks, the best part was, they were ready to play[laugh]
I put them all back for ya[Wink]

[Image: IMG_2635.jpg]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Thanks, the best part was, they were ready to play[laugh]
I put them all back for ya[Wink]

[.IMG][url "http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/FlyGoddess/Springfield/IMG_2635.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/quote%5D"]http://i44.photobucket.com/...5.jpg[/IMG][/quote][/url]

woohoo [cool] But the only problem now is there educated [laugh]
[signature]
So where does Baxter sit? Looks great Joni.
pa
[signature]
On this trip in, in the truck...he loves it in there, but when it gets warmer I will have to figure out a deck of sorts.
[signature]