Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats are going nuts on the Tennessee River.
[#000000][size 2]I went fishing with my cousin by the power plant near Athens. We did not get on the water until 1:30pm and it started slow. We caught a 5 largemouth and couple of stripers and 5 bream. We changed locations around 3pm and boy did the catching pick up. For the next three hours it was nonstop action for Blues and Channel cats. All cats were 1.5 to 4.5 lbs with a few smaller flatheads cats thrown in for good measure. We stopped at 38 cats because the live well was stuffed to the top and it was getting late. We did have one good fish on for a few minutes before the 10lb line broke. I could not get it to budge off the bottom but it did swim around for a while and gave me some excitement. I’ve caught some 10 lb fish before and all I can say is this one was a larger fish than those. What a day on the river, we only kept 12 and these pictures don't do the fish justice but they sure taste good[Wink].[/size][/#000000][#000000][size 2]I was on vacation and had to leave the next day but I just heard from my cousin that he went back and caught 60. [/size][/#000000]
WH2
[signature]
WOW. over 2273 people have viewed this post and not one of you have replied, that is really Sad[unimpressed].
[signature]
Nice fish WH !!!! You can slay'em anywhere you go !!!
[signature]
LOL, it is funny someone in Utah would reply to a post I made on the Alabama board but thanks. I was hoping with over 2000 folks looking at this post that maybe a few of them would be from alabama. This board is so dead it would be great if some local folks would post about some of their fishing adventures and get the board going. Alabama is a great state with some awesome fishing, it is very surprising some of the folks here, don't let others know just how great the fishing is. WH2
[signature]
[fishin] Howdy !!! My girl and I live just a few miles from the ramps and park across from the power plant in Athens and love to fish the area .... only from the shore since I have not yet secured my fishing yacht. We are having a blast but do not seem to be catching any fish .... catfish to be exact ...... we are going again tonight and this time switching from worms to Chicken Liver - maybe we shall get lucky. I loved your post and thought you had a blast that day and that is what it's all about !!! I will post if I catch anything to speak of , take care ! John and Cassy -
[signature]
Welcome to the site John and Cassy. We did see a few guys fishing beside the right ramp and they were catching a few. The guys fishing at the left ramp were mainly catching bream. Too bad you can't fish from shore right at the power plant but they patrol that area really heavy. While we were there fishing they must have diven by 15 to 20 times and they were always watching us, of course I can't blame them. Good luck, looking fwd to reading your post. I hope you and your girl get into a few, there are some big ones there[Smile].
WH2
[signature]
Nice catch! I'm envious.

I live in Toney and just started getting into bass fishing in the area. My SIL and I went Saturday on the Flint River and caught one small bass too small to keep. So we are hoping for our luck to improve. I don't know any fishermen in my area but would be interested in hearing from some.
[signature]
Were you fishing near Sulpher springs?
I don't fish in Alabama much in Feb since I live in Utah but my cousin, who lives in Elkmont, Al said he was going to start fishing for crappie toward the end of the month. I know bass can be caught almost every month of the year but I think they are tough to catch in the winter. You might do better fishing in deeper water this time of the year.
Check out our [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=162"]bass fishing board[/url] for better info than I can give you.
WH2
[signature]
bump
[signature]
bump