Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where on the Berry?
I called the marina today. Soldier Creek is 90% ice free and the Strawberry side is about half-way there. Would the fishing generally be better on the Strawberry side because there is more ice? I'm wondering where to try tomorrow. I have fished Soldier Creek in the past with decent success, but I'm sure there are areas that are much faster. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
[signature]
Does anyone know in addition to the above if there is still snow on the ground? Thinking of doing some hiking in addition to fishing Monday?
[signature]
I just got back from Soldier Creek/Strawberry. I fished for about 2 1/2 hours and couldn't buy a bite. I first tried the Soldier Creek side, not far down the road towards the dam. I finished just south of Haws Point. I would say the Soldier Creek side is really close to 100% open and the Strawberry side (the parts that I could see) was probably about 75% open water. Little snow but plenty of mud.
[signature]

Sorry to hear you didn't do any better than us today... Kastmaster and I (and son) came to look for you but didn't see your car. So we went to Renegade. No bites there at all... A cutt and a bow at Soldier was it for the day for the 3 of us... Not counting a couple crayfish!

Talked to several in both places, and nobody had more than one or two for hours of work.

KM's nursing the loss of his "not so" lucky craft lure.

Personally, I'm done fishing until mamma nature is in a better mood consistently. Snowing one moment, taking off coats the next, then putting them on - if I were a fish I'd be off hiding too....

The berry's sure a beautiful place to fish though! [cool]

Roghet
[signature]
[quote Roghet]

Kastmaster and I (and son) came to look for you but didn't see your car.

Roghet[/quote]

Sorry, but the ice had moved in and made the area I planned fishing unfishable (I tried to fish it for about 1/2 hour). Too bad George doesn't have cell service up there, because he could have reached me on my cell phone.
[signature]
I'm pretty sure I talked to one of your trio at renegade on friday. I was kickin around in my tube enjoying the calm.

I slept in my truck that night and fished saturday morning also. Only managed to land 2 fish on saturday, with one I got friday night.. Decided to pull out on when the wind started howling, and the thunder started rumbling.

Where was that nice weather that was in the forecast? Oh well, heres to next time.
[signature]
[quote AFK2Fish]I'm pretty sure I talked to one of your trio at renegade on friday. I was kickin around in my tube enjoying the calm. [/quote]

If you're talking of the guy that looks like a cross between Bill Murray and the wacky professor from Back to the Future - then that would be me. (Kastmaster was my other adult partner.) Sure a lotta BFT'ers out there! [Smile]

You LOOKED calm out there! Made me wish I had a tube also, rather than slogging in the mud on the banks. [img]../../../images/gforum/Wink.gif[/img] I couldn't believe the water was as glassy as it was, especially since it just stopped snowing when I got to Soldier Creek. It was cold then, and later I just had a shirt on...

I weary of the weird weather... I haven't yet watered my lawn this year. On Sat, I was at my son's soccer game and it was the FIRST game this year that I've been able to wear shorts! I looked to the East and thought to myself "I wonder what it would have been like at the Berry today." Thanks for letting me know what I didn't miss! [:p]

I've been there dozens of times, but having a "30 fish day" at the Berry is still on my "bucket list." That place has proved a mystery to me... Sometimes I wonder if I just suck at fishing - but most of the time nobody else does any better. Wow... maybe my skunk appeal has the ability to affect the fishing on the entire lake?!

Or, maybe I need a spirit guide to tell me how to make mother nature more calm for me! [Smile]

Good luck folks!
[signature]
WE hit the berry , four of us, last thur. and did fair. We fished the Renegade area from 3 to 7 and got 24. Most on minnows or chub and a few on silver kastmasters. Two bows in the 31/2 pd. area and the rest nice cuts that did not want to leave the water. Was a great ice off trip as the ice literally left while we were there. I could see no ice at all. Saw two boats out. Sorry no picts.
[signature]