Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xrfoxracer, Chick, Bass, 5-13 and 5-15, Shannon M
5-13<br /><br />We decided to run up to the Thursday Night Dog fight at HBSP<br /><br />Ran up river a good ways first and got on the fish and i mean GOT ON EM!!!<br /><br />We put 3 keepers in the boat within the first 45 mins.. and several other fish that were short!!<br /><br />we were fishing in 14 fow with plastics carolina and texas rigged both seemed to work!!<br /><br />After we soremouthed all the fish deep we went in towards the bank... <br /><br />First cast i got a thump and i missed him...<br /><br />Threw right back over there ON THE BANK and pulled it off in the water... i seen somthing smaking at the worm on top of the water... so i set the hook.. and it was a 4.25 LGM<br /><br />So we are feeling good at this point ... we moved to another spot after it slowed down there and put 4 keepers in the boat and upgrading one of them in the livewell...<br /><br />Moved around to another spot and caught keepers just nothing that would upgrade!!<br /><br />Got us a check for the first time this year with a 6th place finish!!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />5-15<br /><br />Decided to go scout some more places out on a nice day to fish...<br /><br />Hit the water at 7:00 am and went to a good spot i knew to get on the morning bite... caught 3 fish there in about an hour so it wasnt that great.... moved to a little pocket and put several in the boat and all were at least 15inches...<br /><br />Now the really Sad part...<br /><br />I saw a fish come up and hit somthing on top of the water and went straight back down...<br /><br />This fish HAD TO BE every bit of 7 lbs and im being conservative with that....<br /><br />I threw over just passed where he came up which was 5 ft from the boat.... the worm hit bottom and TICK TICK.... i set the hook... and as soon as i did my line went limp....<br /><br />BROKE OFF ON THE HOOK SET!!!!<br /><br />I was mad!! BIGTIME!!! But thats the part of being a fisherman i guess...<br /><br />Shannon had a break off on a 4 lb small mouth off a crank bait at a different spot right at the boat the fish decided to take a run straight down.... and SNAP!!!<br /><br />Needless to say he wasnt very happy....<br /><br />Best 5 would have been about 12 lbs today.... and over 20 if we could have boated the two break offs...<br /><br />The Rive Chiggers got out in full stride by 12:00 so about 2:00 we packed up and headed to the house!!!