Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st trip to Jordy/Mon/17th
Hit Jordanelle for the first time this season. Knew it would be a bit early, but mostly interested in checking the boat out. Boat fine, fishing needs an overhaul. Temps 44-47. Partner picked up a 14" smallie on white jig and a bruiser of a brown on a white senko. Both from about 14' at north end. Water level lower than I'd anticipated, but filling from what fishermen saw a week ago. So nice to be out again.
[signature]
I was there yesterday working on my sun tan. Water is at 73% pool. Very likey won't fill to capacity this year like in previous years. Its sitting about 50 feet down from the high water marks. It will be a much different lake this year.

[signature]
perchinski is the man. my boat filled with water as i was too excited to stop and put plug in boat. shi_happens!! perchinski asked if i wanted to join him and graciously i accepted and had a better day than most as i expect most of you were working. the perch getter knows his stuff and i would gladly share another fishing day with him and his dog. if you get a chance to fish with the perchmeister i highly recommend it as he knows his fish and is a good man. hope to fish with you soon MP and thanks again. would have had a short with out your invite.
[signature]
We may yet be OK. The upper Provo has just started to run off due to the cool temps over the past few weeks, and while the Provo drainage yearly snowpack total is down, there is still plenty to melt. (hopefully at least enough to fill the lake.)

One may check the daily UP runoff here.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?cb_000...o=10155000
[signature]