Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report 8-2 , 8-3

Took the wife and son to Scofield this weekend. Hit the water about 9:00 saturday and fished till about 2:00 picked up about 10 rainbows in the 1-1 1/2 pound range nice and fat and real fighters. Went bcak out in the afternoon and picked up a couple more before getting ran off the lake by a thunder storm. Went back out Sunday about 10:00 and had a blast, We cought about 12 more before leaving about 12:30 even had doubles on at one time. We fished about 100 yards off the island useing nightcrawlers and a marshmello in about 15' of water. We kept a few for dinner and released the rest for the next trip. An all around great trip.

a-b
[signature]
I have never been to Scofield and want to make a trip soon, thanks for the success tips!!!
[signature]
DID'NT CATCH ANY CUTS BUT I DID CATCH 1 BROWN THE REST WERE BOWS. BEING FROM CARBON COUNTY ORIGIONALLY I'VE SPENT MANY A GREAT DAY ON THAT LAKE. YEARS AGO YOU USED TO PICK AN OCCASIONAL KOKANIE BUT I THINK THEY MUST HAVE WENT AWAY WITH ONE OF THE POISONINGS.

a-b
[signature]
ACCORDING TO MY FISHFINDER THE WATER TEMP WAS ABOUT 68 OUT BY THE ISLAND.

GOOD LUCK TO YA

a-b
[signature]
Tell me a little more about Scofield. I've never been and a friend wants me to take him and his kids up there next week. I'll probably be trolling spoons on downriggers. I've got a map. Where are some good trolling runs or spots?
[#ff0000]We fished Scofield on Friday and had a pretty good time. First time there in a boat so we did a lot of wandering and looking around. We started off with leaded lines dragging pretty close to the bottom in 20 feet of water from the launch ramp towards the island with nothing, changed to trolling mono and started picking up fish. Caught mostly Rainbows but my buddy caught a 19 inch gorgeous golden-bronze cutthroat on a silver kastmaster. What a fighter it was! Sorry, have to wait until I take a dozen more pics and get it developed and posted to have a look at it, might see it sooner if you just go up and and find him in the lake again. Picked up most of our fish on the shallow side of a margin of water going from 14-8 feet deep, running along a north western line out from the island. There was a ton of algae in the water on the northern end, but around the island and north was fairly clear. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
After reading your Strawberry post I thought about going there instead. Where would you recommend I go next week to put some kids on fish, Strawberry of Scofield?

Thanks.
[#ff0000]At Strawberry we had to get down a little deeper for any fish on action, 20 - 35 feet, we tried just a pole with regular mono for a while dragging a lure closer to the surface with no luck. At Scofield where the water depths were less than 20 feet we did well with the mono. If you just want to set them up with a regular pole I would say Scofield, If you want to mess with dipsy divers, leaded lines, or downriggers I'd say do Strawberry. They were both a bunch of fun, just a little different. Enjoy![/#ff0000]
[signature]