Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos tired of Herbert
Decision after decision I'm disgusted with Gov. Herbert. Herbert is only looking after his own agenda He's lining his own pockets victimizing Utahans in the process. First it was HB141, then he took 3 million dollars from Utahs Education Budget to fund Eminent Domain, Mean while hundreds of teachers are being laid off across the state

Now he's allowing Strip Mining in Bryce canyon !!!

Alton Coal Development LLC approval to work a 635-acre parcel of private land, or about 1 square mile, near the tiny Kane County town of Alton, about 200 miles south of Salt Lake City. Bayer clarified Thursday that the strip mine would dig into 440 of the 635 acres to remove a 20-foot seam of coal.

The strip mine would pollute ground water, raise dust and foul air quality 10 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park, which is known for its views, pristine air and sparkling night skies. Bryce Canyon's superintendent also has objected.

The investors got fast-track approval after complaining in a meeting with Utah Gov. Gary Herbert that regulators were taking too long to make their decision. Alton opened its application for a permit in 2005.

A company representative sat down with Herbert Sept. 17, the same day the governor's campaign was depositing a $10,000 contribution from the coal company.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10862586

VOTE HERBERT OUT THE NEXT ELECTION
[signature]
Anybody remember the bumper sticker that said?

[center]BAN COAL MINING
[center]Let the whining bastards
[center]freeze to death in the dark.
[signature]
I like that thats pretty funny [Wink]

How this one

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed
Person.

[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Geezer, that is one of the best quotes I have heard.

Its no different than hearing everyone complain about oil drilling. Then, the same people will whine whebn fuel is $6.00 a gallon lol...
[signature]