Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pimpin a Grigg V6000
Ok got a used V6000 to give my nephew for his birthday and proceeded to pimp it out. I made a rod holder and tool rack combo and a rod rack. I found that there was a little challenge due to the boat having a slight tilt from the way it was built. But overcame it and it looks good. Also the previous owner had replaced the stripping apron and spreader bar with one from a Caddis. Doesn't quite fit as well so had to make a new spreader bar as well with Sch 20 PVC.

Now to invite the nephew over and give him his surprise. He is turning 12 this year and loves to float tube. He usually uses one of my round tubes. Last time we went out he got wet trying to climb out of it and then he told his mom he wanted a pontoon. Since they are low income I decided to help him out and get him something worth while.[cool]
[signature]
You done well!! He will enjoy that tube and you will feel good knowing you could help. Illinoisgiller
[signature]
That looks awesome!
[signature]
[Smile]Nice of you. Congrats.

Want ot be my uncle?[Wink]
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing... LOL

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
now that some time has passed.. what is your assessment on the v6000 and the w grigg tubes in general... ??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
My nephew loves it. I like how big the seat is and how well it floats. I was a little concerned at first about the material it was made from. But it is strong and very durable.
[signature]
thank you for the input.. much appreciated...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]