Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mill meadow
anyone fished mill meadow lately? if so how has it been?
[signature]
I was there a couple of weeks ago. Did ok for browns with a lucky craft. It was windy most of the time. Anyone know if it's always windy there?
[signature]
No it isn't always windy there, but I have been there in some strong winds when a summer storm passes through.
[signature]
My husband and I were there on Saturday. Caught 1 13in. Brown and a VERY small perch. We had hoped to hit Fish Lake but quickly got blown out of there and thought we could maybe escape the wind a bit at Mill Meadow.......WRONG! But, last year at this same time, I fished there and did great from my float tube. GOOD LUCK!
[signature]
Good to hear that it's not always windy. I thought maybe it was like yuba which seems to be windy about every time im there
[signature]
I fished there a couple weeks ago. We caught a few browns and a splake. I caught one brown that was probably a 15 incher. Another one of us caught a real nice one. Lots of perch at the UM inlet. Some real nice ones. Caught one on nearly every single cast.
[signature]
what is the UM inlet
[signature]
Its the inlet that comes in from the east. Its called UM creek.
[signature]
oh ok i thought maybe UM was just a abbreviation for something but i guess not thanks a bunch. im headed down this weekend going to give it a try .thanks for the help everyone
[signature]
what are some good lures or jigs to use to catch perch at mill meadow
[signature]
If you want perch go out from the ramp and to the left. You will be in the bay where UM comes in. Drop a small tube jig or spoon to the bottom with some worm on it. Once you catch some fish you can use perch eye balls or fillet some strips off the belly for bait. They are fiesty little cannibals. [cool]
[signature]
what about from shore?
[signature]
Good luck.... Not the best place to fish from shore. Buy you a cheap float tube on KSL and get where the fish are!!! If it were me from shore I would fish for browns.. I would just walk up and down casting tube jigs or lucky crafts.
[signature]
well it looks like i will be taking my float tube this weekend then thanks for the help
[signature]
[quote zipp]oh ok i thought maybe UM was just a abbreviation for something but i guess not thanks a bunch. im headed down this weekend going to give it a try .thanks for the help everyone[/quote]

I know this post is a bit older....but FYI...."UM" stands for Upper Mountain. Smile Pretty simple. Funny thing is, now if you head to the UM area there is a turnoff sign that says "Upper UM". Upper Upper Mountain??
[signature]
And now that this old thread is resurrected.....has anyone fished Mill Meadow recently? I'll be in that area all this next week. I'll be towing a camp trailer, so won't be able to take the boat down. Any suggestions on what is working would be appreciated. Also, any other good places to fish down there without a boat?
[signature]
Anyone?
[signature]