Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass fishing Ririe
I was just wondering if anyone has been fishing for smallmouth at ririe yet. I've been slaying them down around American Falls but I would like to go someplace closer if it's been good.
[signature]
This cold weather has everything at least one maybe two weeks behind. Last year we were catching plenty of smallmouth by Memorial day. I will probably get on Ririe about once a week after the water temp reaches somewhere near reasonable.

I will try to get out there in the next week. Maybe we can have an information exchange. Are you fishing American Falls Res or below. I would like to know how to go about smallmouth fishing on the reservoir.

Windriver
[signature]
dont mean to rob your post, sorry man, but where the heck is ririe resivour
[signature]
It's about 10 miles east of Idaho Falls . The south end is called Blacktail and the north end is called Juniper . For better information you can google it . Curt G.
[signature]
I've just been fishing the river below masacre rocks a ways. Fishing from the bank has been good the last couple times just using plastic worms and bouncing them across the bottom on rocky shorelines. Trout colored countdown rapalas are working good too. I'll try to attach a couple of pictures of the bass I've caught.
[signature]
Well, those fish obviously aren't starving to death. They are almost as big around as they are long!
[signature]
Very nice fish. I've definitely got to make a point of heading down there for some bass fishing.[fishin]
[signature]
It's been really good but I can't wait for the rest of the river to open up so I can fish around the big rocks. Just a few days left.
[signature]
So now where exactly is massacre rocks?
[signature]
Sorry it took so long to reply. If you stay on the highway going past American Falls heading downriver you will see it on your right side there's a boat ramp and there are some cliffs and stuff on the far side of the river.
[signature]
Thought i would give my 2 cents worth of info on Ririe. I went out there last saturday morning and the fishing was SLOW! The water was still pretty cold and the weather did not help much either. There were only 3 boats on the water and 2 of us put in at the same time and left after about an hour. The third boat came in as we were driving off and said they had been on the water for a few hours and managed one kokanee and one smallmouth.

I do hope to get out there soon! I love fishing for those smallmouth!
[signature]
Thanks for the report I can't wait for it to warm up there we've still been doing good down below American Falls on the river but it would be nice to go somewhere closer for a change.
[signature]
I don't know if you saw it but I was out there on Monday and it was almost the same story. We fished a couple of hours. Caught three smallmouth, very difficult conditions with the wind.

Windriver
[signature]
Has the water warmed up much or is it still pretty cold?
[signature]
I went on wed. The wind was really bad, so we only fished for a hour. I Caught 2 bass and one Cut. I also missed 2. But the waves were big and the splashes were cold!!
[signature]
Attempted to fish Ririe today in the raging wind. Managed to catch a small one from the bank with a Yamomoto senko in the rough water. Once the sun comes out and the wind stops I think the action will improve.
[signature]
Steelfisher and I along with his son fished Ririe again today. It was really tough. We fished for five hours and only landed 3 smallmouth. I shouldn't say we because I didn't catch any of them today. Steelfisher caught two on a white spinner bait and his son caught one on a crawfish colored senko. I had a good time wearing out my shoulder and donating jigs to the Ririe rock monsters.

Windriver
[signature]