Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEA FOAM??
Where can you get SEA FOAM??
[signature]
wal-mart, red and white can, ike 8 bucks a can
[signature]
You can also get it at AutoZone. I use it in my motorcycle, lawnmower, 2 cycle stuff, etc. It doesn't work so well on my fishing gear...(sorry, trying to make the thread have something to do with fishing...)[angelic][angelic]
[signature]
Thank you!!! I have called SS Marine, Peterson boats looking for it and their like seafoam....... I dont know what your talking about ha ha
[signature]
Walmart started selling it this past year. I put it in everything that takes gas!

Chad Miller
[signature]
I used to use Seafoam but when I got a bigger boat the cost got too great. I now use Stabil Marine which is also available at Walmart in anything that doesn't go through a tank of gas every month. It is a LOT cheaper per gallon to treat.

Seafoam was great in it's day, but it hasn't been reformulated in about 65 years. I can't believe that they are actually proud of this.

Seafoams adds about $0.50/gallon. Stabil adds about $0.08 per gallon. I haven't noticed any difference. I've got and can of 2-year-old mixed gas that I use for my chainsaw and string trimmer and it still has plenty of kick.
[signature]
It all depends on what works for you but I have used both and although Stabil is OK for daily use during the summer, I would never use it in the winter because it leaves a residue that Seafoam does not leave. You can see it for yourself if you use the same container it comes in over a period of time(months), of course if you use it quickly it is not a problem. There might be a reason why they haven't changed their formula in 65 years, you don't mess with success[Smile].
Mr_Rogers
Checker Auto also sells Seafoam.
[signature]
Sea Foam- stand by that stuff- it has always done as expected
[signature]
Checker Auto on about 30th and washington blvd in Ogden had seafoam buy one get one free $9.99
[signature]
[quote bvs]I used to use Seafoam but when I got a bigger boat the cost got too great. I now use Stabil Marine[/quote]

Stabilizing the gas is just one of the things Seafoam does. Personally I use keep both in my toolbox.
[signature]
Sea Foam kicks azz.
You can find it at NAPA, Autozone, Checker, and Walley World for sure and probably others.

Its a great fuel stabilizer and keeps carbon down in the oil burning two strokes or can be used concentrated to decarbonize a two stroke that has lost performance.

You may also find it in the spray variation that can be used to decarbonize the two strokes by spraying it down the throat of the carb while running.

If there is a miracle in can for two strokes, Seafoam comes the closest. Its not too bad for 4 strokes and automotive applications either.
[signature]
I can't say enough about sea foam. I'm a true believer and also use it in everything in my garage that takes gas. In fact I mix it directly into all of my cans when I fill them with gas. It's not just about the stabilizer, it's the cleaning and carbon removal. Honestly I haven't touched a single carburator in anything I own since I started using it. In fact I've got a POS hand held blower and string trimmer that I inherited that I can't get to die so I can justify buying a few decent pieces. However I do agree with the price and using it in the boat. I only use about 3 cans a year in the boat. I winterize the boat with it and run a can through every other or every third tank during the summer and use Stabil Marine when I don't run it. In the summer I generally burn a tank about every 3 - 4 weeks, but I make sure I run it in the last tank of the fall then again in the full tank I put the boat away with.

If anybody knows where to find it in the gallons let me know.
[signature]
Sea Foam is an Auto industry deal. try anyplace automotive.

I dont want to Hijack the thread, have any of you out there tried Marvel Mystery Oil??? that stuff is magical. better than WD-40 except for worm scent. LOL
[signature]