Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excalibur Silver Thread vs. P-Line
Am considering buying this because of abrasion resistance and lack of memory (reduced tangles, etc.). I've heard a lot about P-Line, what are the advantages and diSadvantages of ea.? The main use will be smallies and LM in rivers and ponds.
[signature]
Bought a spool of Silver Thread about six years ago. Then I purchased another one and another one and another one. I have never had a reason to change. Love it. And the sun doesnt affect it. I have some reels that have had the same line for three years. Holds knots well, low memory even in cold weather, abrasion resistant which is good with all the rocks at Utah Lake, I cant think of a reason I would ever switch to anything else.
[signature]
Silver thread is awesome been using it for a long time now strong line!
[signature]
have had the p-line but for an over all good long lasting line go with the silver thread! My personal choice. I was at cabelas the other day and they had a spool of 6# 3000yds for $28 now i wish i had grabbed it cuz that would last me forever
[signature]
i've never tried p-line but i've tried just about everything else. i've been fishing with silver thread for around 20 years now and it's by far my favorite line. great abrasion resistance, great line diameter, great cast ability, very few tangles, it's just an all around great line IMO. nothing i've tried in 20 years has convinced me to change lines. i mainly fish for walleye but i've done a lot of bass fishing with it as well.
[signature]
I think it is one of those personal preference things. I can tell you since I switched to P-line I have not looked back. There are several kinds of P-line. i.e. Halo, Flurocarbon and CX (a hybrid line). I love the CX in 6 lb for drop shotting and 8lb for big 3/8 oz jigs.

P-line has very little stretch, is super abrasion resistent and has a good diameter when compared to other brands. I don't get paid by P-line but I know it is better than most mono brands.

Windriver
[signature]