Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hoping for some charter advice.
I know this is a long shot but here goes...
My family is planning a trip to Kona Hawaii next year in late winter. The guys are wanting to get a charter for a day to target some fish. We are hoping more to catch than to just troll hoping for a big one (although we won't object if one shows). Does anyone have some experience w/ fishing down that way? If so any recommendations on charter boats to go for or to avoid? So far I've found very little information as far as reviews for any of them. I figure I'll also try posting this in the saltwater forum see if any can help there. Thanks for any advice you have!
[signature]
Have you gone to the "State Fishing Forums" above? There is a frequent contributor who happens to be a charter captain on Kona. Looks like he gives regular reports of current and future fishing. His reports are very informative. He also lists his email address. Worth a look. You could also check him out on the Hawaii BBB reports. Mike
[signature]
Just so you understand that in Hawaii the boat keeps the fish you catch and gives you a couple of pounds for doing the work and paying for the fuel + [Image: dumb.gif]

Check with who ever you book with to find out what there fishermen get to keep. [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Already checked w/ Capt. Jeff on the Hawaii Forum. My brother in law ended up going ahead and booking w/ him after doing his own research and the fact he's about the only one we found links back to from numerous other sites including multiple fishing report boards and also Bass Pro Shops. I also knew about the rule about the crew keeping the catch. He's pretty open on that as long as we can use the fish. It's if we catch a huge fish that there could be some problem because the can't just cut off a steak since they can only sell the fish at market whole. Thanks for the replies guys.
[signature]