Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper Boils
Went to Willard last night with my pontoon boat,started at the North marina about 7 PM,and fished until about 9:30.Found some boils on the North dike just as the Sun was going down at 8:30.I caught some nice wipers casting 3/8 oz kastmasters.The North marina has no launch ramp,just dirt and rocks to the waters edge.some small boats were launching (with some difficulty).Not much room to navigate.I don't think I would take my larger boat there,if you do,stay to the south of center channel marker going out, and pole out with your drive up.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I need to get back out there for some Wiper action.
[signature]
Did you see any action close to shore? Now that larger boats are out of the picture I am confined to shore for the rest of the season.

CABLEGUY
[signature]
If you use Handi Wipes in the field you won't get those wiper boils. LMAO

Kayotemiester
[signature]
A lot of the boils were casting distance from shore
[signature]
Thanks for the tip,I just been useing corn starch
[signature]
Thanks for the report Fishcrazy, it sounds like it is time to get out the little boat. With the boils starting, now is the time to be there, even if it is from the shore. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Looks like it is time to go get some wiper.
[signature]
just a heads up for you wiper fans. it is not good fishing for wipers right now. it is on and off. very easy to get skunked up there right now. i have been hitting it 2 or so times a week for the past few weeks. i hadnt been skunked all year at willard till the last two weeks. its if your there on a good day its amazing. if its slow you wont catch anything. even the cats on a worm is slow right now. not saying dont go but if you wait for a few weeks it will be much more fun if there is water still in it that is.
[signature]
Do you think that water temp has alot to do with this, or cover for the shad? I havent been to willard in 2 months, and afraid I dont want to see it!!! I havent heard of even one good really good boil on it yet???
[signature]
I fished the south dike from a float tube and caught wiper's a week ago. so there is some action.I agree that it will only get better and better in the weeks to come.
[signature]
its both. and dont get me wrong they are catchable. but its sporadic. so im just letting everyone know it will be read hot for two weeks coming up soon. until then its on or off. so dont feel bad if you dont catch anything if anyone gos cuz more than likely noone else is either that day.
[signature]