Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass at Lake Mead
I caught two bucketmouths just before dawn on a rapala dt-6 shad pattern. They were a great fight. The big one was nearly 20".

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.
[signature]
Bucketmouth!?! lol never heard them called that before. Not making fun just saying. Everyone got some sort of slang for a fish. Like this one fish i catch that i still dont know what it is, i call em sewer bass lol.
[signature]
[quote bigpikeguy]Bucketmouth!?! lol never heard them called that before. Not making fun just saying. Everyone got some sort of slang for a fish. Like this one fish i catch that i still dont know what it is, i call em sewer bass lol.[/quote]

My grandfather calls em bucketmouths. Says he has called em that since he was a child. Thats actually a pretty common nickname for largemouth.
[signature]
I thought everyone knew that nickname for Largemouth Bass. [Wink] I'm not sure where I picked it up but when I landed those fish and pulled the crankbait from their gaping mouths, Bucketmouth came to mind.
[signature]
New to the area... Dont have a boat yet!!! Need a good shore spot and what they like, tried pretty much every power bait mostly the 7'' Berkley Blue Fleck and nothing so far. Been up there over a dozen times[mad] Help me out fellas. Thanks
[signature]