Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Balboa
Anyone ever fish at Lake Balboa in the San Fernando Valley? The reason I ask is that I work about 3 minutes away from it and thought that maybe I'd be able to eat my lunch there and cast out for a little while each day to satisfy my fishing 'jones'.<br><br>
There is plenty of fishing at Lake Balboa. They have Bluegills, Tilapia, and Carp. Occasionally you can find some Channel Cats in there as well.
[signature]
ive fish often there i like fishing for the cats not to big in size but they put up fights

i fishe there this morning !! four fishes but no sight of the cats..
[signature]
The Cats are more towards the Balboa Blvd entrance. They do put up a good fight but they are not edible. There are mass amounts of bacteria in the water.

The County is in the process of getting the lake cleaned back up again. They used to plant Trout in there in the colder months and Catfish in the Warmer months.

The only thing that survives that water now is the Blue Gills, Tilapia, Carp and Cats. There are also some cross breed T-Gills as we call them.

Dropshot with worms, Bologna or even thin sliced lunch meat works well.

They are not good to eat but they are fun just to put a tug on your ultra light gear.

Once in awhile you can get a different surprise. They have some Plecaustomus in there. They are also known as algae eaters. They get up to 18 inches and are ugly as sin.[cool]
[signature]