Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"FISH FOG"
I was kinda watching Dr. Oz. on TV this afternoon as I was eating and getting ready for work. One of the things he was discussing got my attention. This thing called "fish fog" evidently is a condition of reduced central nervous system acuity caused by mercury. I got intersted enough to GOOGLE "fish fog" & sure enough there is a body of information about it. The fish part of fish fog comes from the mercury people ingest when eating fish that contains mercury. I know there are some waters here in Utah that have advisorys on mercury, Enterprise Reservoir and Tibble Fork come to mind but I don't know if I'm right or not about that. I eat quite a bit of fish, especially in the summer & wonder if that might contribute to some people saying I'm "about a half bubble outta plumb". At any rate, I thought this might be good information to get out to the BFT fraternity.
[signature]
Hey Tom not sure the fish eatin has anything to do with your bubble bein out of plumb but if you were lookin for an excuse..... About time to catch some cats, one night when ya are really bored give me a shout and maybe we can float one of the boats out on the lake and find some. Was some interesting reading on the "fish fog"
[signature]
The main article I found was written and published by PETA. I think I'll see what else I can find on the subject. Tuna is renowned for mercury and tests done on tuna samples that were taken from the Smithsonian showed high levels of mercury, the same as today's samples, from very old tuna. Be careful both of the mercury and the source of the information.
[signature]