Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPANISH MACKEREL

6-3-10

Today was a short day on the beach. Capt. Chris and I went to South Horbour Marina this morning and met up with Juan & Jessica Ybarra from Hoopeston,Il.

It was a "laid back" type trip. Just wanted a few fish to eat and some that would fight. On our end of the Island I found plenty of good eating Spanish Mackerel.

They were jumping everywhere. I got on a well defined tide line and the fish were jumping, but wouldn't bite. I hate when they get like this.

So, I headed to shallower water, and on down the beach towards the "big hill" in 20 feet of water, I found some fish that wanted to play, and some were nice fish!!

There was several Bluefish mixed in, but that was OK too. We got our limit and went after a Shark.

I think Juan was used to catching the Spanish and was quite suprised at the fight a shark can give.

First hookup with a shark immediately I heard someone say, Holy Mackerel, that ain't no Spanish, this thing's fightin!!!!

It was a great morning with some great people to share the boat. Thanks for fishing with us!! You guys be careful on the return trip home!!!
FISH ON!!
Capt Butch Foster
[url "http://www.yeahrightcharters.com/"]www.yeahrightcharters.com[/url]
910 845-2004
[signature]