Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transom saver advice
I need a new transom saver, who likes what brand? I have a suzuki 115 outboard motor. Mine sucks and falls off, if it weren't bungeed on I'd have lost it 6 times in the last three years. Anything specific to look for? How much would you pay? Thanks,
[signature]
I would go to checker or auto zone and buy a shock for a ford festiva maybe around 1991 model year and use the ends of the one i have on the shock and have one that would kick butt for a motor. plus a shock may bolt right onto the end of your trailer and you dont have to worry about it coming undone and or bouncing. a new shock can be found for the rear end of a car for like 30 bucks. I know the savers at Sportsmans or Cabelas are more than that. would not hurt to look into. even if you have to put a little backyard welder action on it.
[signature]
I bought one at cabela's last year and it is spring loaded inside the tube. Seems to work fine for my 90hp. Tonite when I get home I will get a pic and post it for you to see which one it is... I think I paid around $60.00, dont remember though...
[signature]
You can buy them as cheap as $20 at Sportsmens warehouse.
[signature]