Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Reports in 1
I had a busy weekend fishing so I will try and get 2 reports into 1.

I took my 2 bro-in-laws out fishing this weekend so we went everywhere we could. We started the trip out Friday night around 10:30 by driving from Rexburg up to Henry's Lake. At about the top of the hill just after Ashton, We hit some serious fog and had to go about 5 mph until Island Park. We ended up sleeping in the truck in the parking lot at the State boat ramp and putting in the water at about 6 am. We fished the whole south side of the lake all the way from the ramp to the cliffs and back again. We got NOTHING! The weather was cold and the wind made it even colder. The conditions were not bad but it we could not get any bites. We tried worms, spinners and even some spoons. We crossed the lake and tried a little on the North side but still nothing. We were pretty tired and headed into the dock at around 11. The dock was packed with fly fisherman and kids alike preying on the spawning females all around the dock. I ran over about 3 fly lines just trying to pull my boat in because the guys were in the middle of the docks. I had to hold my Tongue not to yell at a couple guys who were just dragging flies through the fish and snagging them everywhere but the mouth. Well we left Henrys and had some lunch in Ashton

After Lunch we decided to try the South Fork because the North was so high. We went out to Twin Bridges and moved around and caught about 3 browns and 2 rainbows. The bows made for a good meal and the browns were all about 16''. Considering my Bro-in-laws had never caught anything over 12'' the fishing was good for them. We caught everything on worms and kastmasters.

It was a slow day but we did get into some fish and enjoyed some time out in nature.
[signature]