Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Fishing in Henning, TN.
My wife, sister, and I had a great day fishing on the lake today. Caught a few large ones but most are small. Caught a couple of crappie, too. Every fish we caught was on soft plastic worms. My wife and sister were using black and gold Culprit 7.5" long tail worms and I was using FLW purple and blue flecked curly tail worms. When I caught my crappie it was on a black and silver 7.5" culprit worm. I was surprised to see the two crappie brought in on the larger worms. I forgot to mention that we had the worms rigged weightless, weedless. You can't see it but in the second picture of me and my wife that bass I'm holding is about 25 to 27" long. I didn't have a measuring tape with me and I REALLY wish I would have had some paper so I could enter it in the fish challenge we are having on the forums. I hope thats not too many pictures I'm just excited to have had such a good day with my wife and little sister who I just got into fishing.
[signature]
What a great day on the water for you. Pictures are allways welcomed. Looked like a three pounder on the big one you had. Looking forward for your posting of the really big one for the year on the contest. Lucky for you the wife likes to fish as well. Makes it more fun and easier for you to go. I can tell she got four fish, did she beat you as well? [Wink]
[signature]
Hey looks like u 3 had one heck of a good time. I swear by plastics and i try to tell other people to use them, but they never fish them slow enough. They always wanna reel them in like its a spinner bait or something lol. Me and my buddy that i fish tournaments with both use them and we always seem to do well. One of our faves is the YUM crawbug. If you never seen them they are the most realistic soft plastic crawdad you can buy. Texas rig one and hold on!
[signature]
Agreed on the yum crawdad. Tried many, but keep going back to yum.
[signature]