Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crane Creek or C Ben Ross by Weiser
I want to catch some crappie. I've never fished either of these reservoirs but am going to give one of them a try on Friday - I'm leaning towards Crane Creek. Any help or advice would be appreciated and I will let you know how I did. Thanks.

Eric
[signature]
I wish I had more info to give. All I have for you is go there through Midvale. ALso right in front of the spill way is between 45 and 47 foot deep. I caught one small crappie there. Let us know how you do. Ron
[signature]
Ron,

My plans changed and I never made it to C Ben Ross or Crane Creek. I did fish Cascade for a little while out of my tube and caught a few perch but nothing to brag about. People up there are talking in whispers about the size of the perch people have been catching. I apparently have yet to time the bite correctly.
[signature]
What condition was the lake in. Heard the flooding up there recently screwed alot of things up and put alot of debris in the lake. Would like to get up there for some trout, bass, and perch jerkin'.
[signature]
Dean,

I've fished Cascade three weekends in a row and the water quality has improved significantly in the past week. The lake is still full but the water was much clearer. The river coming out of Payette Lake was clear and looked stable. The river coming out of Cascade is still a little nasty but I didn't see a bunch of crap floating down like before. Most of the creeks that were flooding appear to be subsiding. Hopefully things will stabilize and the fishing will get more consistent. Good luck.

Eric
[signature]
Eric, thanks for the report.
[signature]