Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Construction???
So what is all the construction below the Deer Creek Dam??

Looks like their doing something major - lots of dirt and big equipment.

And they are now letting water out from the Dam.

Any ideas on what our tax payer dollars are being spent on??

Maybe a new fish hatchery for the Governors' Brother?
[signature]
It is my understanding that the government has required that work be done to the dam in order to get it up to seismic standards and that this is the year they are going to do it. This could be the construction you saw.
[signature]
That sounds like a good thing although that sounds like it will screw my route to the berry, oh well it is needed.
[signature]
I would also assume that fishing the lower provo near the top of the canyon could be adversely affected. Could make the water pretty muddy, maybe.
[signature]
They are retro fitting the dam to bring it into govt. standards for earth quakes. Better known as seismic retrofitting. They will be lowering the level of the lake 40 feet lower than it's lowest point last year. They also have said the fishing on the lower provo should be better than average because of the increase water flow. I will wait to see on that one. I haven't heard anything about them widening the bridge or making a 4 lane over it. It would seem that the canyon would determine wethere they can do this or not. All the tree huggers are the are nots on that project, so don't expect to see a 4 lane around the lake.
[signature]
I know that the original plan was to make the highway 4 lanes all the way up the canyon to the damn for this phase of their project (which was cut short because of a slide on the hill above construction area, delays, and other problems). As of now, it doesn't even make it up to the damn. I believe they intended to increase the road to 4 lanes all the way to Heber eventually, but I could be wrong.
[signature]
Hey Catman that was the plan. Unless the seismologist(sp) have changed their thinking in the last couple of years they took that off the table. Seems the ground aroundd here is a bit to unstable for the steep grades they would have to leave. But you know the govt. if they want it built it will get built.
[signature]
Last year when FB2 and I were fishing at Rainbow Bay one of the park rangers told us that. He said " If you think the lake is low now, wait til next year when they drop it another 40 feet." He went on to say it was because of the work they have to do to the dam. I suspect th fishing is only going to get better. They gonna be hungry with the shrinking food supply. At least that is what I am hoping for LOL
[signature]