Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some new pics
Hey everyone,

I keep promising myselfe that when i get a free moment i was gonna throw some new pics on the site. And I finaly got around to it. The first set of pictures are at my buddys house in Canyon lake in Southern California. I also included some pictures from Newport bay and my new 2 rod rack with magnetic tray for trading up lures and replacing on the fly while the bite is still hot. The front rod holder holds my pole eye level for trolling around or just holds for me while im using bait, while the other holder is primarily for keeping my unused rods up and away. I added a small first aid kit box on the rear of my set-up to hold my phone and smokes. The whole rod holder assembly was worked in with a pre-existing PVC frame i had for my bimini top. I secured all the joints with self tappers for when i need to dissasemble the whole unit. Enjoy!!!Oh and the last picture you should of seen the hook set .......Hillarious
[signature]
Great pictures and some awsome handy work. I just
LOVE the lost picture[Smile].
Thank you for sharing.

Peter
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great stuff. You do fine work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]From (painful) past experience I have a suggestion for you. You should fabricate some protective covers for the front parts of your air chambers. I used to drape a piece of naugahyde over the front but also tucked in either naugahyde or a piece of thick but flexible plastic between the cover and the top of the air chamber. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When you fish for fish with spines you WILL get pinhole leaks in those thin vinyl air chambers. They flop around a lot and if one drops off your hook when you lift if from the water...usually the dinks...they always seem to land spines down on your tube. Tough to fish when your craft collapses in on you from lack of air.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Very nice. I like your ideas on the rack, tray, and box. Ingenious idea for a small craft like yours.
[signature]
Nice. Get anything at Canyon?

I had an opportunity to fish there, but missed it. I hear great things about that lake.
[signature]
Not that weekend, it was labor day weekend so it was kinda busy out on the water, but if you ever get a chance to go don't pass again. I'd say one of the best fresh water spots I've been to in S.C. I've caught plenty of lunkers there!!!
[signature]