Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Lake
Went to Yellowstone Lake yesterday for the opener. Just pitched some spinners from shore. I fished the West Thumb area between Carrington Island and Pumice Point. Ilanded three nice Lake Trout between 22"-23" /4-5 lb range. Didn't land any Cutts but wasn't really targeting them either. Got some pix's this morning from Ironrod, he's out on his boat around the South Arm somewhere. He should have a nice post soon. Stop and did some fly fishing on the Firehole River on the way out to West Yellowstone. The water is still alittle high and tea colored but fishable. Lots of people this time of year. I'll go back in the fall. You need a park fishing permit($15.00 3-day / $40 season, boat fee, and $25.00 to get into the Park) all well worth the money. Elk, Buffalo everywhere. Going back later to fish Lewis Lake. The weather wasn't to bad it all depended where you where at. Lots of rain at times then lots of sun. All in all a great day. I love the Park![Smile]
[signature]
I always get a yellowstone license. I love fishing the smaller lakes. Glad to hear you got some lakers. I will get into them when I take the scouts to Shoshone in July. Can't wait to see the pics.

Windriver
[signature]
Sounds like a good day!

You may want to consider Grebe lake. Small lake, 3 mile hike(easy) and loaded with grayling. They are smaller, but I have caught 15-16 inchers in there and with the big top finn, they're a riot!

Good luck!
[signature]