Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP
I go to kings canyon national park (CA) every year. I usually fish with spinning rods but this year my cousin took me fly fishing and i loved it. I want to start fly fishing and

I need help on a reasonable price rod and reel for someone who knows how to fly fish, so wouldn't be considered a beginner but i haven't mastered fly fishing yet.

I also need help on what flies to use for rainbow trout and brown trout in the western sierras.

ALSO A BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE.

[flyfishing]
[signature]
Rods would be Orvis Clearwater, TFO Professional, St Croix. Low priced Asian made with good warranty.
Reels, Okuma, Lamson Konic, Cabela's.
Reels are not very important when it comes to trout, but a nice drag is good.

LINE, don't skimp here. Rio, Selective Trout, Gold, Rio Grande, or Ridgeline...
The line is very important.

Now, some that are familiar with the area might pop in with some flies, but old standbys are good.

Griffith Gnat, Haresear, Pheasant Tail, Prince Nymph, Royal Wulff, Elk Hair Caddis, Adams, Mosquito, Hoppers, Ants.....
[signature]
lots of info thanks
[signature]
dont forget wooly buggers and renegades... [Smile]

MacFly
[signature]
Here is some information that will get you to scratching your head over and give you lots of options for the flies you want where you are fishing.

[url "http://stevenojai.tripod.com/hatchWest.htm"]http://stevenojai.tripod.com/hatchWest.htm[/url]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi 1tuber - I went up there on the last weekend before they closed the park. Water was rather low and I found dries were the way to go. Griffith Gnat, Royal Wulff and an Adams worked for me. Others had success using streamers bouncing off the bottom. However, the rocky bottom ate up their flies like mad. LOL[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
wow THANKS allot scruffy fly and dry rod!!! another question is it better to use the prince nymph with the bead or without?
[signature]
wow THANKS allot scruffy fly and dry rod!!! another question is it better to use the prince nymph with the bead or without?
[signature]
awesome information scruffy...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]