Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your out of state fishing trips?
I just graduated H.S. and am trying to get some friends together and go do some out of state fishing. I'd like to fish some rivers and catch some nice trout. The only problem is i have hardly fished out side of utah so i'm uneducated. I'd like to fish in either Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming. If anyone has some knowledge they'd like to share about some spots i should do some research on it would be much appreciated. PMs are welcomed. Thanks[Smile]
[signature]
Well, trout ain't my thing, especially out of state but I think flygoddess (sp?) knows where the trout are in Idaho. There are boards for each of those states on bft and I'm sure they could offer some advice.
[signature]
go to idaho. you can start at the bear river and work your way north west. you and your buddys can limit out almost every day in the bear river in oneida narrows.
[signature]
If I were you and you wanted a once in a life time fishing trip. I would go check out the Owyhee River for brown trout in the fall. It is on the Idaho/Oregon border.

Drew
[signature]
Go fish the Bear River in Wyoming! I don't know how accessible it is because I fished on some friend's property but it is a great river. Hot action, big browns, overall it's just an easy going river. Plus it's fairly close from Utah.
[signature]