Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Reservoir......finally!
The reservoir has receded, the water was in good condition and I finally got into some perch. I was in my float tube using worms under a slip bobber. The fish were in about 7-9' of water and close to shore - lots of small fish but I caught several in the 12"-13" range. Boy are they tasty. I was fishing around Campbell Creek.
[signature]
Anything over 10" is great in my book.

Windriver
[signature]
I'm glad to hear that Cascade is coming around. I'll be heading up Thursday for two weeks. Sounds like you had fun.
[signature]
I thought I uploaded this photo but apparently I messed it up. Here are a couple of the pigs I caught on Friday. The State record yellow perch is 2 lb. 9.6 oz. 15.5" and I'll bet it gets broken in Cascade. The average size has increased significantly in the past two years. I saw a guy fishing off the dock at Campbell Creek who caught a 26" rainbow as well as a 22' koke he caught with powerbait. They were fat too - that rainbow looked like a steelhead.
[signature]
nice post and thanks for the photos
[signature]
Hey "Tangler"

The state length record got broken this winter through the ice. Some guy caught a hog that was 15 5/8" but 2 oz shy on the weight. A game warden measured it and told me about it, so it's a legitimate story.
[signature]