Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carb problems/ Need rebuild

I need my Boat carburetor rebuilt properly, does anyone know of a place or person that can do it and adjust it on the boat . The carb is a Holley 2300 2-barrel , I'm not any good with carburetors . Thanks for any help, I am going to check with Lee in Hyrum. But thought that there might be someone a little closer. Hopefully for a reasonable price.
[signature]
[#800000]Closer to where? .......Attleboro, Mass.?[/#800000]
[signature]
No, closer to North Ogden.
[signature]
Try these guys.
[url "http://www.bestboatservice.com/"] http://www.bestboatservice.com/[/url]
[signature]

Has anyone used these guys before , and were you happy with them?
[signature]
Any half decent auto mechanic could rebuild it. Cost less than a boat mechanic.A Holley is a Holley is a Holley, whether its on a boat an airplane or a weed wacker.
[signature]
Walleye Bob's correct, any good car mechanic should be able to work on your carb. And I have used Best Boat Service last summer and was happy with their work. Honest and dependable guys.

Are you certain your problem is carb and not timing or ignition?
[signature]
i've used him. He's a good guy, honest and trys to give you a good deal, will come to you too. But I agree, go to a car mechanic
[signature]

Thanks guys, I tried to rebuild the carb myself and screwed it up somewhere. I've never been very good with fuel systems.
[signature]
There is a guy that I read about recently on this board. I had him do some work on one of my motors and he did it quick and cheaper than I have paid else where. I will go to him again, plus he is in the local area. Here is his info: Custom Marine- 801-668-7473
[signature]

Thanks Curt, I think I found someone to do the job . But just in case I'm writing down the number .
[signature]
did you find someone? I have an awesome mechanic (automotive) but he may do boats too.
[signature]
to late i already found someone for dan[Wink]
[signature]

WoooHooo, finally got the boat fixed and running like it should be. The price was nothing like what I expected, Thanks Jason for introducing me to your friend. This guy is good.
[signature]
DA>>>[:p]
[signature]