Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night fishing help
I have heard that fishing at night from a tube can be quite productive for rainbows. I personally have never done this. I have one of those headlamps, but I'm not even sure if that is something that I should use. Anyway, any pointers would be helpful. Thanks.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Night fishing for trout can be very productive. Most trout feed at night and some actually feed better at night...especially larger browns.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I used to do very well on Deer Creek after dark, using black buggers or other large flies that were easy to see against the night sky. Got some of my biggest rainbows after dark.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lots of folks like to fish Strawberry at night and report excellent catches all through the night...both cutts and bows.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tubing at night and catching fish can be fun. I have done it in the past and it is interesting that after you throw your bait out and you do not know where it is exactly, then wham fish on. Also some great hatches come out after dark. The water can explode with fish.
[signature]
[quote TubeFisherman]I have heard that fishing at night from a tube can be quite productive for rainbows. I personally have never done this. I have one of those headlamps, but I'm not even sure if that is something that I should use. Anyway, any pointers would be helpful. Thanks.[/quote]

A red filter is good idea.
[signature]
Night fishing is great fun. +1 on the use of a red head lamp. A lot less bugs.
[signature]