Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Report
Hit the narrows last night in the ol' float tube. I caught about a dozen bronzebacks in about an hour and a half. I missed a lot of hits, and lost some due to my inconsistent hooksets. Just not used to laying into them from a tube. Fish ranged from 6-12 inches, but averaged about 8 inches. I was pitching 3 in. Yamamoto grubs in earth tones on a 3/8 oz jighead. Go deep for the bigger fish. Water temp 77 F. Good luck and enjoy, Ryno
[signature]
mgb and i where also a pineview last night arrived at 7:15pm and trolled the narrows for tigers also tossed a few jigs to shore for some smallies no bites, nibbles or follows.
[signature]
I haven't fish there since July 20 and I see the water has dropped 5 ' since then .that means that the other island should be out of the water now .

[url "http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/crsp_40_pv.html"]http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/crsp_40_pv.html[/url]

How was the boat launch ? I bet its getting low there now . I always did good for the smallies on senkos 3" (157)smoke and 5" (297)green pumpkin , 5" natural shad Kinami flash .ALso those power crawls work good on a jig with the orange claws . I caught lots of them on the same jig set up I used at Jordanelle for perch and smallies . I have found out the bigger fish to be close to shore as darkness comes or leaves .Top water lures have been good . Don't have a clue on them muskie but will get lucky someday and be at the right place with the right presentation and the right lure . LOL Need to get back after them up there but Jordanelle has stronger magnetic field attracting me now .
[signature]
Last week when I was up there fishing the smallies, I noticed you had to feed it to them a bit. Skeeter was kicking my butt though, so he would be the one to tell you just how to get that hook in them. They were loving those tubes and bitsy bugs. The bitsy bugs were a bit harder to get the hook in them due to the weed guard.
[signature]
Ryno, Petty and I trolled past a tuber about 7:30 in the narrows I bet that was you.

I went to pinview again Friday evening and got skunked again. But we had one muskie swim up to the boat then got spooked and took off in a hurry.

Friday we fished untill it got dark and on the way back in we seen a boater that had ran out of gas so I pulled his boat to the Andersons cove boat ramp in the dark while it was thundering,lighting and raining then had to go back to the boat ramp by yatch club it was quite a light show and a little spooky.
[signature]